Persian Yellow Rice, also known as Persian Saffron Rice, Pulao, and Middle Eastern cuisine, is a tasty and easy dish.
This vivid yellow (with no food coloring!) cake takes just 30 minutes to prepare and contains only five ingredients.
Persian rice is savory but somewhat sweet and will infuse any weekday supper with an ethnic flair.
Persian Yellow Rice may seem exotic and complicated, but it’s relatively simple to prepare, requiring just a few specialized ingredients and a few step-by-step directions.
You’ll need a bowl of fragrant long-grain rice, such as basmati or jasmine, and, of course, saffron.
You could substitute turmeric, but the faint floral taste of saffron is well worth the additional expense.
Among the several Persian Rice recipes available, this is the most straightforward saffron rice recipe.
Saffron is steeped in chicken stock for at least 20 minutes to ensure a small quantity imparts strong taste and color. Persian Yellow Rice, which includes dried fruits and nuts as well as fried or sautéed onions, shows off the saffron in this recipe.
Ingredients of Persian Saffron Rice:
- Basmati or polao rice 4 cups
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- Onion sprouts 2 tbsp
- Cinamon 2 pieces
- Cardamoms 4
- Cloves 2
- Ginger paste 2 tsp
- jayatri powder 1/2 tsp
- Saffron 4 tsp
- Powdered milk 1 tbsp
- Boiling water 8 cups
- Salt to taste.
- Green peppers a few
- Put cinnamon pieces, cardamom, and cloves in the pan.
- Now fry it lightly with rice, onion paste stir a little with ginger paste over medium heat.
- Stir and simmer for a further 4 to 5 minutes before adding the jayetri powder.
- Now add 7 cups of boiled water and powdered milk and salt to taste.
- Add a few green chilies on top and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now turn down the stove’s heat and push it.
- After 15-20 minutes, lift the top to observe that the water has evaporated.
- Now sprinkle saffron soaked in water on top of this rice.
- You can keep it down for 5 minutes by applying pressure.
Serve with sliced eggs and cranberries.
If you another recipe:how-to-make-fruit-custard-recipe
Thanks for this tasty food recipe ?