Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry is a healthy dinner that’s packed with flavor. Just let the chicken simmer in curry spice and coconut milk. Then serve over a fluffy bed of rice to soak up the saucy goodness. It’s an easy, one-pan meal you and your guests will love.
With all of my travels, I’ve found that curry spice is a staple ingredient in so many countries. The recipes made with curry spice are unique and delicious in their own way, with some extra spicy and some sweet and tangy.
And you can’t beat the combination of a rich and flavorful sauce over freshly cooked rice. It’s another form of comfort food at its finest.
If you’ve been avoiding curry because it sounds hard to make, think again. All you need are a few fresh ingredients and the perfect blend of spices.
- Chicken breast 4 pounds
- Olive oil 1.5 tbsp
- Large onion sprouts 4
- Red curry paste 2 tbsp
- Red capsicum in small size 1 tbsp
- Yellow capsicum small size 5 tbsp
- Ginger paste 2 tsp
- Garlic cloves 4
- Coconut milk 1 cup
- Cornflower 1 tbsp
- Sweet chili sauce 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Fish sauce 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar 1 tbsp
Instructions of Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry:
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, onion, and curry paste. Stir until the chicken changes color.
- Sprinkle with capsicum, ginger, and garlic and cook for a while.
- Now add half a cup of coconut milk. Mix the rest with cornflower.
- Add the rest of the ingredients one by one.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and then cover with a lid.
- Reduce to low heat and continue to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes more.
- When done take it down.
- Then take a serving dish and spread basil, coriander leaves, and some lime zest on top.
Serve with white rice or any other type of rice.
Leave a Reply