Crispy Sweet and sour chicken is known as a healthy and delicious dish. Crispy chicken, onion, green pepper, capsicum are combined in a sticky homemade sauce for this Sweet and Sour Chicken. Serve it in rice bowls for a weekday meal that’s fast and easy. It’s much superior to takeout!
A close-up of sweet and sour chicken covered in a sticky sauce with onions and sugar.
This Chinese chicken dish is an all-time favorite because it is crispy on the exterior and soft on the inside. The sticky sweet and sour sauce adds tanginess and makes it completely addicting!
This Sweet and Sour Chicken preparation needs the following tools:
Wok- Excellent for rapid cooking on high heat. This wok is perfect for anybody who enjoys preparing Chinese food or frying in general. I use this Cuisinart for the majority of my non-cast iron cooking, except when using stainless steel, in which case I use my Best.
Low Sodium Soy Sauce- I find regular soy sauce much too salty; remember, I can always add salt but not remove it. By beginning with a reduced salt intake, you may adjust to your preferences as needed.
Frying Spider Strainer: This frying spider strainer is the fastest and simplest method to scoop out cooked food without losing time or removing excess oil from the pan. You won’t have to worry about burning bits as you would with a smaller filter, and it’s very affordable. Almost all of my little fried things are made using it.
Ingredients of Crispy Sweet and sour chicken:
- Chicken breast/ Thai 1 cup
- Onion ½ cup (4 divided petals)
- Capsicum ½ cup
- Green chilies slices 3-4
- Black pepper 1/8 tsp
- Cornflour 2 tsp
- Chicken stock 2 tbsp
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
For chicken preparation:
- Egg 1
- Soy sauce ½ tsp
- Garlic paste ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cornflour 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder ¼ tsp
- Ginger paste ¼ tsp
- Quantity of white oil (for frying chicken)
For the sauce:
- Tomato sauce 1 tbsp
- Sweet chili sauce 3 tbsp
- Soy sauce 1 tsp
- Vinegar 1 tsp
- Cut the chicken into cubes.
- Mix cornflour, soy sauce, salt, black pepper powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, and egg with chicken.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes brown the chicken in deep oil and place it on a frying plate.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the sauce.
- Now mix the cornflour with the cold chicken stock in a separate bowl.
- Directly In a pan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the green chilies, onion, and capsicum one by one.
- Fry for 1 or 2 minutes and fried chicken.
- Then add black pepper and stir slightly.
- There is no need to give salt.
- If you add soy sauce it will become like salt.
- Now pour in the pre-mixed sauce.
- Shake a little and pour the pre-mixed cornflour.
- Once the gravy has thickened enough to cover the chicken, remove it from the oven immediately.
- I prepared chicken that was sweet and sour.
- Serve with polao or fried rice.
*If you want to serve this Chinese sweet and sour chicken with veggies, such as broccoli or sugar snap peas, add them after the chicken is covered with the sauce and cook for a few minutes, or until crisp-tender.
* While this recipe calls for chicken breasts, thighs may be used instead. You do, however, desire thighs that are boneless and skinless. I would avoid using bone-in chicken in this Chinese sweet and sour chicken meal.
Leave a Reply