There is no alternative to mozzarella to make some unique dishes like pizza, cheese stick, etc. So many people may be looking for a recipe for making mozzarella cheese at home. It is simple to prepare at home. It does not take much time. Homemade cheese is also great to eat because it is made with pure milk. Let’s find out the easy way to homemade mozzarella cheese at home.
Ingredients homemade Mozzarella Cheese:
- Pure cow milk four litters
- Citric acid 1/2 tsp
- Liquid rennet 1/4 cup
- Fine powdered salt 1 tsp
- Measure the temperature of the food method of preparation of thermometer iron pot.
- In a small dish, combine 1/4 cup water and rennet; whisk thoroughly.
- Separately, mix the remaining 1/2 cup water and citric acid until completely dissolved in a small bowl.
- Cook the milk in a big cast-iron saucepan over medium heat.
- When the temperature drops to 55 degrees, keep stirring the milk with citric acid (give one-fourth of a cup citric acid ).
- Then slowly increase the temperature a little more 88, then add the Rennet mixture. At this time, the milk will become a little thicker and become a light puppy and stick to the spoon.
- When the temperature rises to 90, almost all the milk becomes puppies.
- At this time you have to move very slowly. Otherwise, the cheese will not freeze properly.
- If the temperature is 95-105 degrees, the cheese will thicken, and the water will separate. Cover well with a lid for a while.
- After heating for more than 105 degrees, remove the lid, separate the frozen cheese, and put it in a sieve to drain the water.
- Increase the oven temperature and season the cheese water with salt.
- When the temperature is 165, soak the cheese in a sieve for a while.
- Then remove the cheese from the sieve and squeeze the water well.
- Shape the cheese into a spherical ball with your hands and lay it aside to set.
- Soak the cheese in ice water for a while. This will make the cheese better.
- The fun mozzarella cheese is ready.
- Refrigerate this cheese in a box for several days.
Using ultra-high temperature treated (UHT) milk is not recommended.
Raw milk is preferable to pasteurized milk.
If you want a mozzarella with a softer texture and more moisture, do not let the curd get as solid and labor less while stretching and kneading.
For another recipe:how-to-make-tandoori-pomfret