Chicken is a very tempting food for food lovers. Many people do not look at anything else when cooking chicken at home. However, it is not just people who are fond of food, and it is seen that almost everyone in the family likes chicken, especially children. And if this chicken is made in a slightly different taste, then there is no point. Everyone from small to big will eat with fun. Today we learned to make the popular term chicken lollipop. Let’s know the recipe for making chicken lollipops without delay.
Notes on the Ingredients
Chicken Lollipop Pieces – If you purchase ready-made lollipop pieces, this dish will take little time or effort to prepare since all you have to do is marinate it in the spices specified and fry!
If you can’t get lollipop bits at your local shop, you can create them out of wings, which is relatively straightforward but requires some time. In the video included below, I demonstrate how to make chicken lollipop bits using chicken wings.
Two-Step Marination — This recipe asks for two different marinades, which I suggest following – one for seasoning the chicken and another for coating it in a crispy layer.
However, both marinades need just a few common spices and sauces.
Changes & Substitutions:
Chilli vs. chili garlic sauce – If you want a more garlicky taste, you may switch chili sauce with chili garlic sauce or use a combination of the two.
Egg for marination — While some people love to use egg in the second marinade, I prefer to avoid it since it results in a runnier batter and a thicker coating, which do not impart the authentic restaurant flavor and texture.
Chicken lollipop 12 pieces
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Chili vinegar ½ tbsp
- Soy sauce 1 tsp Salt 1 tsp
- Rice flour 2 tbsp
- Corn flour 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder ½ tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder 1 tbsp
- Maida/ all-purpose flour 2 tbsp
- Red pepper powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Amount of oil
- Combine the red chili paste, garlic paste, ginger, soy sauce, chili vinegar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the chicken lollipop pieces and marinate for 15-20 minutes in the spice mixture.
- Combine cornflour, rice flour, maida, red & Kashmiri chili powder, salt, and pepper powder in a bowl
- . Add the flour mixture to the marinated chicken, along with a bit of water, and stir well.
- Reduce the amount of water necessary gradually since some moisture will remain from the previous marinade.
- The idea is to create a semi-thick paste-like marinade, which must be poured reasonably uniformly over the lollipop pieces just before frying.
- Additionally, you may need to reshape the lollipop pieces shortly before putting the marinade on them.
Chicken Lollipops Prepared in the Frying Pan
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the lollipop pieces a few at a time, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- For 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked on and the exterior is crunchy and golden.
- Garnish with chaat masala and schezwan chutney or green chutney.
- If you cannot find ready-made chicken lollipop bits, you may create them yourself using chicken wings.
- If you like a more spicy garlic taste, you may replace half red chili paste and half chili garlic paste for the red chili paste or use chili garlic paste instead of the red chili paste.
- Some like to include an egg into the second marinade, which results in a thinner batter and a thicker coating on the chicken. This is ok if that is your preference, but it will not look or taste like the actual chicken lollipops served in restaurants.
Another recipe visit: special-chinese-fried-rice-restaurant-style.