Prawn Malai Curry is a traditional Bengali meal made with coconut milk and an abundance of exquisite spices. The curry has a smooth texture, and each mouthful is packed with delicious prawns. We’ve included a recipe for Chingri Malai Curry that you can quickly prepare with pantry goods.
Take a look!
Ingredients of Prawn malai curry:
- Shrimp 600 gm
- Onion 1 cup
- Garlic paste ½ tsp
- Ginger paste ½ tsp
- Pepper 4-5
- Chilli powder ½ sp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Cumin powder ½ tsp
- Hot spice powder a little
- Large cardamom
- Bay leaves 2
- Cinnamon 2
- Coconut milk 2 cup
- Mustard oil 4 tbsp
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Soybean oil 1 tbsp
- Heat 1 tbsp of soybean oil in a pan.
- Now fry the shrimp in it on low heat. Do not fry too much. Then the shrimp becomes hard.
- Put the fried shrimp in another pot for about 1 minute.
- Now take 3 tbsp of mustard oil in the pan.
- Fry cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves, and onion in it one by one; keep the stove medium flame at this time.
- After frying for a while, take ginger and garlic paste. Keep moving so that you do not stick to the pan.
- Now add coconut milk, first stir a little, keep the coconut milk, the first stair a little, keep the rest of the coconut milk aside.
- Keep stirring the spices; now add cumin, chili, turmeric, and hot spice powder one by one. Stay tuned again and add salt to the taste.
- Then add the shrimp and keep stirring gently.
- Now with the lid on for a minute or two minutes.
- To make the spices go well inside the shrimp, stir the shrimp over low heat.
- Now add the previously separated coconut milk and stir. No need to use water; coconut milk is enough to make broth.
- Add whole green chili and ghee. Put the lid on.
- The cooking time is around ten minutes. Remove at the end of cooking.
Shrimp malaikari can be eaten with hot polao or rice.
1 tbsp ghee and chopped coriander leaves for garnishing your prawn’s curry
Remember to add one teaspoon garam masala and give it a last toss before removing it from the heat.
You may also substitute fresh cream for coconut milk if you don’t have any.
For another delicious recipe visit: chicken-shashlik-recipe