Pomfret is the most highly sought-after fish throughout the Asia-Pacific coast. It is pretty popular in India’s coastline area. The term ‘pomfret’ derives from the Portuguese word ‘pump—a single-boned ocean fish. The Indian, Atlantic, and Pacific seas all contain this species.
Pomfret has long, flat bodies and forked tails. There are three varieties of pomfret: silver, grey, and black. Typically, they are cooked entirely after the fish’s internal organs have been removed. They are fried or steamed fresh. They lack the pungent odor and flavor associated with the majority of saltwater fish. Let’s go to see Tandoori Pomfret recipe.
Ingredients of Tandoori Pomfret:
- Pomfret fish 2
- Ginger paste 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Garlic paste 1/2 tbsp
- Raw chili paste 3 tbsp
- Sour yogurt 1/2 cup
- Hot spice powder 1/2 tsp
- Pea flour 2 tbsp
- Chaat masala quantity
- Coriander leaves quantity
- Butter as needed
- Amount of oil
- Salt to taste
- Now, using a knife, cut the fish on both sides carefully.
- Season both sides of the fish with salt, turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, lemon juice, and green chili paste. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Season the fish cut regions liberally with spices.
- Combine yogurt, raw chili paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, lemon juice, hot spice powder, and pea flour in a bowl.
- Distribute the mixture evenly over both sides of the fish and arrange in a large tray.
- Now spray some oil over it and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Cook the fish for 15-20 minutes in a microwave oven set at 200 degrees centigrade.
- Remove the fish from the oven after 15-20 minutes and brush gently with butter.
- On top, add the chaat spices.
Serve with salad and lemon slices delicious dish.
For another recipe: baked-chocolate-donuts-recipe