Malai Kofta is a delightful meal of fried balls of potato and paneer in a thick and creamy mild sauce prepared from sweet onions and tomatoes. An effort of love is required, but it pays off in the form of a delicious dessert. Today I will show Malai kofta Recipe.
Ingredients of Malai kofta Recipe:
- Tomato puree 1.5 cups
- Heavy cream/Light cream 2 tbs
- Oli 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Chili powder 1 tbsp
- cumin powder 1 tsp
- Ginger paste 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1/2 tbsp
- Boiled potatoes (mashed) 3
- Cashewnut 10-12
- Crushed cheese 1/2 cup
- Chili powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Cornflour 1/4 cup
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Raisins 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Cloves 3
- Bay leafs 1
- Cardamoms 2
- Black cardamoms 1
- Cinnamon 2
- Coriander leaves a handful
For Preparing kofta
- Except for the oil, put all ingredients for paneer kofta in a dish.
- Remove the skins from 10 to 12 cashews and coarsely chop 1 tablespoon of raisins.
Set away for later use.
- The kofta will be stuffed with a sweet, tangy, and crispy filling made of this.
- Use the kofta mixture to form little balls.
- Shaping the kofta will be easier if you apply a little layer of oil to your hands beforehand.
- Use your hands to gently flatten a kofta ball on an apron or rolling board. The cashews and raisins filling may be added to it.
- When all the edges are brought together, form a tidy ball.
- Shape by rubbing your hands together with a little oil.
- Make sure the filling is still in the middle of the kofta when you cook it.
- This method should be used to fill and form all of the koftas.
- For 30 minutes, cover with a lid and leave at room temperature.
Frying kofta balls:
- Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the kofta balls over medium heat.
- Drain the oil.
- Take a little oil in a saucepan and stir in cloves, bay leaf, cardamom, and cinnamon.
- Then add cumin powder, ginger, and garlic paste, and stir.
- Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, and chili powder and stir well. Cover it for 5-6 minutes.
- Open the cover and carefully pour in the heavy cream, stirring thoroughly to combine.
- When it thickened add kofta balls one by one.
Leave a Reply