While the lamb is one of our favorite cuts to cook for the family, many individuals dislike the shoulder.
Due to the connective structure in the lamb shoulder, it takes a lengthy and slow cooking time to get a tender outcome. This is why it is often used in stews, but our low and slow process ensures consistently flawless results. So let’s go Slow Cooked Shoulder of Lamb recipe.
Ingredients Slow Cooked Shoulder of Lamb:
- Mutton/Lamb shoulder 1.5 kg
- Sour yogurt 1/2 cup
- Raw papaya paste 2 tbsp
- Paprika powder 2 tsp
- Hot spice powder 1 tsp
- Ginger paste 2 tsp
- Garlic cloves 2 tsp
- Onion fry (beresta) 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- To begin, grind the flesh pieces, including the sinus bones, using a knife or a fork.
- When meat is marinated, the spices penetrate deeply into the flesh.
- Now, prepare a paste by combining all of the components listed above with sour curd.
- Make sure to let at least an hour for your meat to marinade after applying this mixture.
(If using fresh meat, this will take around an hour) If desired, marinate the meat the night before.
- A baking pan should be lined with foil paper.
- Sprinkle a pinch of pepper and dried rosemary over the marinated piece of meat (you cannot do this).
- Wrap the top of the baking tray with foil paper very well so that no part comes out from the inside.
- Bake it at 170 degrees Fahrenheit for at least two hours.
- After two hours, remove the foil sheets to see the flesh erupting from the bones.
Serve the shredded meat with hot spicy mashed potatoes and fresh salad.
For another recipe:authentic-persian-saffron-rice-recipe
Leave a Reply